The Tool Production Manager is responsible for all personnel, product thru-put, equipment, software, and supplies for Programming, Milling, Lathe, Flood Weld, Burn EDM, and Ancillary Die Shop Equipment.
This position requires the individual to manage personnel and schedules for Lathe, Mill, Weld, Burn, Misc. Die Shop, and Shipping and Receiving Departments. Must be able to manage all personnel and programming for Mill and Lathe functions for die cavities and electrodes. Responsible for processing tooling through and above mentioned departments. Oversee procurement and installation of all equipment. Coordinate with Engineering Group Manager to assure all prints and models are available for tool manufacturing. Responsible for coordinating with inspection department to assure part quality of all finished products. Manage all cutting tool inventories to eliminate waste, tool breakage and high inventories. Will need to be capable of coordinating work queues for all machinery. Responsible for ship on time, quality parts to our forge shops.
MAJOR JOB RESPONSIBILITIES (not all-inclusive)
· Manage with a “Safety First” approach for all job related functions.
· Manage personnel and schedules for all departments.
· Manage programming for Mill and Lathe functions for die cavities and electrodes.
· Responsible for processing tooling for all departments.
· Oversee procurement and installation for all equipment.
· Coordinate with Engineering Group Manager to assure prints and models are available for tool manufacturing.
· Coordinate with inspection department to assure part quality for all finished products.
· Manage all cutting tool inventories.
· Responsible for ship on time, quality parts to our forge shops.
· CNC Programming experience.
· Supervision experience of personnel in a Tool Production Environment.
· Team building and leadership skills.
· CNC equipment knowledge.
· Perform inspection, secure CMM layout, of all operations complete to cavity and blueprint or model.
· Knowledge of cutting tools and appropriate applications.
· Software experience in Microsoft Office Products, Solidworks, and CIMNET.