The Shear Operator is responsible for setting up, adjusting, and operating the Accu-Shear C-600, within the guidelines of the written work instructions, to perform billet cutting operations in a safe, productive and quality conscious manner. This position will work closely with multiple personnel in a fast-paced manufacturing environment.
MAJOR JOB RESPONSIBILITIES (not all-inclusive)
• Set up, operate, and make adjustments to shear within the guidelines of the work instructions.
• Operate lift truck to transport billet filled containers.
• Certified Crane Operator (will train in house)
• Sharpen or replace shear knives when necessary.
• Assist with loading and unloading Steel
• Identify mechanical problems and generate maintenance requests.
• Maintain housekeeping to defined standards.
• Utilize safe working practices in all job related functions.
• Minimum 1 year of heavy manufacturing experience
• Ability to read and write.
• Ability to lift up to 50 lbs. safely and correctly.
• Previous experience in operating a Forklift
• Aptitude and ability to set up, operate, and make adjustments to shear.