The Shear Department Supervisor will direct the duties, people and results of the Shear / Saw Department. Responsibilities will include training employees, assigning work and maintaining expected performance and results.
MAJOR JOB RESPONSIBILITIES (not all-inclusive)
· Direct, supervise, and coordinate all operations related to shearing, saw cutting, and steel receiving.
· Provide instruction and guidance to employees so planned objectives are achieved.
· Maintain appropriate safety, quality, equipment, and housekeeping objectives.
· Administer disciplinary actions as required.
· Daily tracking the progress of jobs and running monthly progress reports.
· Ordering components for department and communicating with vendors.
· Effectively manage all administrative functions (time off requests, approval of time cards, performance reviews, etc.)
· High School Diploma or Equivalent required
· Good written and verbal communication skills
· Computer literate with working knowledge of Word and Excel
· Knowledge of steel shearing and saw cutting
· 3 years of leadership experience
· 5 years of manufacturing experience