The Safety, Health & Environmental Specialist will serve as the point of contact for the Bessemer and Tech Divisions in regards to safety and environmental issues. Responsibilities include assisting facility employees at all levels in understanding areas, such as: safety regulations and standards; safety data analysis and trends; and facility safety program development.
A candidate for the Safety, Health & Environmental Specialist position will be an influential and collaborative team member who possesses strong analytical and communication skills.
MAJOR JOB RESPONSIBILITIES (not all inclusive)
• Identify, evaluate, and develop appropriate solutions to control or eliminate risk exposures.
• Work with facility leadership to implement ergonomic improvements.
• Conduct regularly scheduled and ad hoc safety and environmental inspections for the facilities.
• Provide training on regulations, policies and recognition of hazards including any new items or issues.
• Develop methods to predict hazards by analyzing historical data and using other sources.
• Assist in data collection, preparation, and documenting applicable environmental reporting.
• Conduct applicable safety and environmental training for the facilities.
• Oversee all incident/accident investigations and recommend corrective action.
• Oversee and implement environmental compliance directives or initiatives.
• Communicate with management regarding the status of safety, health and environmental programs.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Occupational Health and Safety, or a related field.
• Minimum 3 years of experience working in a manufacturing facility in the capacity of Safety, Health & Environmental Technician or Specialist.
• Effective verbal and written communication skills throughout all levels of the organization; ability to interpret and implement policies and procedures.
• Computer skills capable of effectively and accurately tracking, analyzing and storing data.
• Demonstrated multi-tasking abilities in a fast paced environment.