The Quality PPAP Coordinator is responsible for organizing, completing and maintaining PPAP submissions to customers. This position reports directly to the Bessemer Quality Manager.
MAJOR JOB RESPONSIBILITIES (not all-inclusive)
• Schedule, submit, and maintain initial PPAP and revalidations as required.
• Completes/coordinates all aspects of Production Part Approval Process (PPAP) elements including first article inspection, dimensional layouts, Gage R&R’s, and capability studies.
• Support, submit, and maintain all PPAP documentation including all customer specific requirements.
• Submit data to the International Material Data System (IMDS) as required.
• Acquire and maintain knowledge of the company quality management system, as well as contractual quality requirements, which vary from customer to customer.
• Maintain professional and technical knowledge by reviewing AIAG standard publications, customer quality manuals, and additional customer specific requirements.
• Contribute to team success by accomplishing related results through the meeting of deadlines, maintaining the PPAP schedule.
• Associate’s Degree or equivalent training.
• Minimum 3 years of experience working in a manufacturing facility in a quality role, general understanding of quality systems. Two years of previous PPAP experience is a strong plus.
• Excellent interpersonal communication and listening ability.
• Excellent organizational and time-management skills; an effective multi-tasker.
• Detail oriented, able to accurately complete documentation.
• Competent with Microsoft Office Apps.
• Strong analytical and decision making skills.0