The Production Associate assists the production crew with the forging of steel billets into finished parts in a 24-hour production environment, and follows and maintains quality standards throughout the process. This position also maintains safe work practices and standard work procedures to ensure production is run as safely and efficiently as possible. The production helper will work closely with multiple personnel including machine operators, supervisors, and quality control in a fast paced manufacturing environment.
MAJOR JOB RESPONSIBILITIES (not all inclusive)
This position requires the individual to:
· Follow all safety procedures and ensure equipment is operated properly;
· Assist in the startup and preheating of furnaces and regulate temperatures;
· Load billets and ensure proper feed of billets into the induction furnace;
· Assist crew by acting as spray operator during forging operation;
· Obtain tools, fixtures, and dies, and handle materials necessary for production;
· Notify operator or supervision of any process issues;
· Complete all training requirements in a timely manner;
· Perform other duties as assigned.
· Minimum 1 year of manufacturing experience is preferred;
· Ability to move equipment and materials weighing up to 80 pounds periodically;
· Demonstrated ability to communicate and work with others in a team environment;
· Frequently ascend/descend stairs and work platforms;
· Ability to operate hand tools as required;$16.80 per hour