The Maintenance Mechanic is responsible for troubleshooting, and repairing all mechanical, electrical, pneumatic, and hydraulic equipment in the plant without direct supervision. Plant equipment includes, but is not limited to: CNC Lathes, Forge presses and Horizontal saws. This position will work closely with multiple personnel including machine operators, upper management, quality control, outside vendors and other employees, in a fast-paced manufacturing environment. Determine shutdown of any equipment or plant when deemed necessary for the safety of the employees or the plant.
MAJOR JOB RESPONSIBILITIES (not all inclusive)
• Responsible for troubleshooting mechanical/electrical problems and recommend solutions.
• Troubleshoot and repair all equipment in the plant.
• Disassemble and assemble equipment as needed.
• Follow proper procedures for lockout/tagout of any equipment to be worked on.
• Conduct Preventive Maintenance on equipment at established intervals.
• Accurately document repairs made using CMMS program.
• Assist in other duties as assigned by management.
• High school education or equivalent plus a minimum of 3 years progressive mechanical maintenance experience.
• Experience operating lift truck, overhead crane and hoists.
• Ability to lift 50 lbs. safely and correctly.
• Ability to use hand and power tools required for the job.
• Ability to use various measuring equipment required for the job.
• Ability to read and understand mechanical schematics and prints.
• Ability to climb any heights required to perform job duties safely.
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.$18.00 - $20.00