The Layout Technician is responsible for inspecting submitted parts and dies for conformance to blueprints, documenting results and forwarding them to internal or external customers and/or any other parties involved. Strong verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills for effective interface with all internal and external contacts are essential.
This position requires the individual to be able to work with minimal supervision. Therefore, will need to have the ability to follow instructions, capability to troubleshoot problems and recommend and/or apply solutions when necessary. Must have knowledge of lab equipment and lifting devices utilized for the job. This position is third shift.
MAJOR JOB RESPONSIBILITIES (not all-inclusive)
• Operate CMMs, Preparations of CMM machine/Gear Lab and perform preventative maintenance of the CMM.
• Perform in process inspections, first piece production tryouts and final audits.
• Perform capability and SPC studies per customer specifications.
• Perform gage calibrations. Perform Gage R&R’s. Use, understand and distribute gaging using our internal software gaging system.
• Perform layouts of dies, templates and forgings.
• Perform hardness evaluation using all equipment.
• Perform in process inspections.