The IT Technician I is responsible for maintaining, diagnosing, and repairing hardware and software components; install and configure computer hardware; and provide IT support for the organization. This position will work closely with individuals across all departments throughout the Presrite organization in a fast paced environment.
A candidate for the IT Technician I position will be a customer focused and independent functioning team member who is meticulous and technically oriented; have the ability to manage multiple projects; and have excellent communication and organizational skills.
MAJOR JOB RESPONSIBILITIES (not all inclusive)
• Assist Presrite computer users with hardware, software, and other computer related issues. Run, terminate, and test Ethernet lines
• Add and maintain users on the Presrite computer network and email systems
• Perform maintenance on all print devices, install print drivers as needed, and resolve user printing issues.
• Organize equipment and maintain excellent housekeeping
• Assist in the inventory and maintenance of all hardware, including PCs, thin clients, routers, switches, etc.
• Create and maintain support documents and procedures
• Work accurately, quickly, and independently to generate accurate quotes. Must work well under pressure
• Contributes to team effort by accomplishing other duties as assigned
• High School diploma required; an Associate’s degree or relevant college courses are a plus
• A+ certification strongly preferred
• Minimum of 2 years’ experience in the IT/help desk field
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Working knowledge of computer hardware and software including, but not limited to, networks
• Regular travel to our local facilities is required.
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills