The Customer Service Account Representative is responsible for interacting with customers to provide information in response to inquiries about products and services and to handle and resolve issues. This position provides effective customer service for all internal and external customers by using excellent, in-depth knowledge of company products and services as well as communicating effectively with team members within the customer service department. Major responsibilities include processing orders, preparing correspondence and fulfilling customer needs to ensure customer satisfaction.
MAJOR JOB RESPONSIBILITIES (not all inclusive)
• Review and enter purchase orders and releases per contract review procedure.
• Communicates with customers by phone, email, spreadsheets, internet and occasional customer visits.
• Coordinates and organizes order and shipping information.
• Acts as liaison between customer and organization.
• Maintains and reviews customer websites relating to order fulfillment.
• Build and maintain long-term customer relationships and forge alliance with new customers.
• Record keeping and filing of contracts both paper and paperless, for quality records.
• Assist MRO Purchasing Manager with cost reduction and implementation programs.
• Provides timely feedback to the company regarding service failures or customer concerns.
• Minimum High School Diploma/GED required; Associate Degree or higher is a plus.
• 2 years minimum customer service related experience in the manufacturing industry.
• Computer/technology literate, to include: Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and MRP systems.
• Experience in customer contract review.
• Strong teamwork and collaboration skills.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills with customers, vendors, and co-workers.