Presrite is currently seeking qualified candidates to join our Human Resources organization! We have an immediate opening for a Human Resources Manager that will be responsible for the alignment and execution of HR goals to business objectives at our E.78th facility in Cleveland, OH. This position will manage and administer all aspects of HR policies and programs, employee engagement, and employee services aligned with Presrite’s values. This position reports directly to the Human Resources Director with a strong dotted line reporting relationship to the Plant Managers.
The Human Resources Manager is responsible for maintaining a responsive Human Resource Department by implementing and administering all company policies and procedures. This position contributes to the attainment of Presrite’s annual goals through the recommendation, development, implementation, and administration of relevant policies and programs, while delivering quality HR services to all.
MAJOR JOB RESPONSIBILITIES (not all-inclusive)
• Advising, counseling, and supporting managers and associates in the interpretation of and adherence to human resources initiatives, policies, and procedures. This includes ensuring compliance with federal and state employment laws and regulations.
• Develops/administers various human resources plans and procedures for all personnel. Recommends new approaches, policies and procedures for continual department improvements.
• Review employee performance evaluations and rate changes to ensure consistency in ratings and internal equity with wages.
• Administers benefit programs including Workers' Compensation, Unemployment, Health & Welfare programs, including company activities and recognition events. Counsels on benefits and leave programs (FMLA).
• Oversees and/or conducts: recruitment and retention activities; onboarding and orientation; exit interviews; maintaining up to date job descriptions with managers.
• Maintains visibility and accessibility on the plant floor.
• Develops, recommends and implements policies and procedures; prepares and maintains handbook on policies and procedures.
• Oversees the informational integrity of the HRIS system and personnel records.
• Participates in management staff meetings.
• Develops and maintains government reports including applicant logs and other reports, as required by law (i.e. Applicant Flow Log, EEO-1, etc.).
• Partners with corporate Human Resources to update compensation data. Administers merit review process, incentive and performance evaluation programs.
• Counsels managers in the use of performance management tools, corrective action plans and disciplinary actions.
• Partner with management in the continuous improvement of the plant employee relations.
• Bachelor’s Degree or HR Certification (SHRM or PHR/SPHR).
• Minimum 5 years of hands-on HR Generalist experience in a manufacturing facility; previous management experience is a strong plus.
• Knowledge of federal and state employment laws.
• Effective verbal and written communication skills for effective interface throughout all levels of the organization, as well as external contacts.
• Computer skills to include MS Office, IBM Notes, and excellent HRIS knowledge (experience in Paylocity preferred).
• Demonstrated multi-tasking abilities in a fast paced environment.
• As comfortable on the plant floor as in the office.
• Ability to work with confidential data of major importance such as company plans and programs, and sensitive employee information.