The Forge Department Supervisor will direct the duties, people and results of the Forge Department. Responsibilities will include training employees, assigning work and maintaining expected performance and results.
MAJOR JOB RESPONSIBILITIES (not all-inclusive)
· Utilize staff to achieve established goals and objectives.
· Provide instruction and guidance to assure material is forged per blueprints, specifications and established closed die forging practices.
· Maintain appropriate safety, quality, equipment, and housekeeping objectives.
· Collaborate with support functions to insure product design expectations and production targets are met.
· Ensure all appropriate safety regulations and rules are complied with. Administer disciplinary actions as required.
· Troubleshoot and correct any problems in the forging operation and report all malfunctions and equipment breakdowns to the Maintenance Department.
· Comply with and assure conformance with all company related directives.
· High School Diploma or Equivalent required
· Ability to read and understand forging drawings
· Good written and verbal communication skills
· Closed die steel forging set-up and production experience required