The Forge Department Shift Supervisor will direct the people, duties and results of the Forge Department. Responsibilities will include training employees, assigning work and maintaining expected safety, quality, performance and results.
MAJOR JOB RESPONSIBILITIES: (not all-inclusive)
- Utilize staff to achieve established goals and objectives.
- Maintain appropriate safety, quality, equipment, and housekeeping objectives.
- Ensure all appropriate safety regulations and rules are complied with through activities such as observations, audits, and toolbox talks.
- Administer job performance coaching and disciplinary actions as required.
- Utilize HRIS system (Paylocity) to maintain and approve time and attendance records, including weekly time cards and time off requests.
- Provide feedback to employees in the form of formal performance evaluations and informal observations.
- Collaborate with support functions to insure product design expectations and production targets are met.
- Provide instruction and guidance to assure material is forged per blueprints, specifications and established closed die forging practices.
- Troubleshoot and correct any problems in the forging operation and report all malfunctions and equipment breakdowns to the Maintenance Department.
- Comply with and assure conformance with all company related directives.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent required
- Previous supervisory experience with lean manufacturing is a plus
- Computer skills: minimum of basic knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel
- Must be able to work within the HRIS system (Paylocity)
- Ability to read and understand manufacturing drawings
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Closed die steel forging set-up and production experience is preferred
**We are hiring a Shift Supervisor for each shift. We have 3 shifts.**
$60,000 - $75,000