The Die Polisher position is responsible for performing die assembly, die polishing, welding, stamping, and delivering and retrieving tooling. Other responsibilities include but not limited to, inspecting tooling, set-up and operating welding machines, and operating saws, cranes and forklifts. This position will work closely with multiple personnel in a fast-paced manufacturing environment.
MAJOR JOB RESPONSIBILITIES (not all-inclusive)
• Assemble dies for production.
• Present appropriate dies to the press for set-up in accordance with the production schedule.
• Re-stamp and polish dies when needed during production run.
• Evaluate dies for upcoming production requirements.
• Maintain die inventory data forms and complete die identification verification forms.
• Set up and operate welding machine to the correct settings to weld dies.
• Load and unload incoming steel.
• Mark all types of die steel according to the grade of material.
• Minimum 1 year of heavy manufacturing experience.
• Ability to lift up to 80 pounds safely and correctly.
• Ability to read and understand blueprints.
• Previous experience operating hand grinders and other tools suitable for the job.
• Previous experience and understanding of reading calipers
• Previous welding experience required, and the ability to use TIG welding equipment within 90 days of hire.
• Previous experience in operating a Forklift
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.