The Estimating Engineer is responsible for preparing cost estimates and quotations to customers for forgings by analyzing proposals requirements such as materials, tooling, customer specifications and labor. This position will work closely with multiple sources, such as customers, engineering, sales, metallurgy, production and quality, to provide accurate customer quotes in a fast paced manufacturing environment.
Periodic travel to customers and/or suppliers is required.
MAJOR JOB RESPONSIBILITIES (not all inclusive)
• Analyze and interpret customer specifications by gathering proposals, blueprints, specifications, and other related documents
• Computes costs by analyzing materials, processes, labor, and time requirements
• Works closely with sales, quality, metallurgy, production and engineering in the development of accurate estimates and customer quotations.
• Presents estimates through accurate technical drawings and other descriptive information
• Work accurately, quickly, and independently to generate accurate quotes. Must work well under pressure
• Contributes to team effort by accomplishing other duties as assigned
• College degree (Mechanical Engineering or related field preferred); or related work experience in forging or similar industry
• General knowledge of forging processes, heat treating, and machining strongly preferred
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Working knowledge of 3D CAD systems is a must
• Excellent computer skills to run multiple software applications, such as estimating systems, Solidworks, Excel, Word, Notes, etc.
• Ability to read and interpret complicated blueprints
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills