The CNC Programmer is responsible for developing 3 Axis CNC programs in a tool and die environment using CAM software to support the setup and machining of forging tools. This position will work closely with multiple personnel including machine operators, engineers, quality control, outside vendors and other programmers, in a fast paced manufacturing environment.
This position requires the individual to create CNC toolpaths in the proper sequence of operations to assure the most efficient cutting cycle. Worksheets for every part manufactured will need to be generated and maintained in a database along with all part programs. They will work independently and communicate to shop floor personnel to assist in the machining operation. They will troubleshoot solutions for the repair and completion of tooling requiring rework. They will work closely with engineers on model overlays for tooling revisions.
This position will review prints and models for developing programs for the production of complete toolsets.
A candidate for the CNC Programmer position will have strong blueprint reading skills with 3D visualization from 3D models and 2D prints; and have experience with 3D CAD/CAM software. Must be willing to work 3rd shift.
MAJOR JOB RESPONSIBILITIES (not all inclusive)
• Work closely with engineering, quality and machinists in the design of CAM programs.
• Develop and release CNC programs, worksheets and setup details.
• Work accurately, quickly, and independently to generate CNC programs. Must work well under pressure.
• Contributes to team effort by accomplishing other duties as assigned
• Minimum 2-3 years of CAD/CAM programming experience in a 3-Axis environment.
• 2 years CAD/CAM programming experience in 2-Axis environment.
• 1 year minimum experience in Tool and Die programming.
• General knowledge of tool steel properties for hardness, heat treat and machinability.
• Clear understanding of machining and other CNC operations (milling, turning, drilling).
• Broad knowledge of cutting tools with ability to calculate optimal speeds and feeds.
• Excellent computer skills to run multiple software applications such as, CAM Software, Solidworks, Excel, Word, Notes, etc.
• Ability to read and interpret blueprints and have a good understanding of GD&T.
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.Starting rate: $21.69