The Automation Engineer assists in house process improvement projects. The Automation Engineer is responsible for the design, budget, project management and installation of new equipment and processes to sustain continued growth. This position will provide overall project management leadership to include planning, organizing, monitoring, and directing work activities to complete assigned projects; and to coordinate and communicate objectives with a focus on process improvement.
Periodic travel to other Presrite locations and suppliers maybe required.
MAJOR JOB RESPONSIBILITIES (not all inclusive)
· Assist in preventive maintenance program.
· Manages employee suggestion program.
· Responds to inquiries about projects, provides updates and reports to management.
· Attend conference calls and production meetings to better understand the process and the need for continuous process improvement.
· Performs other duties as assigned to support process improvements to continue sustained growth.
· Supports all Presrite locations as needed.
· BS Degree in Mechanical or Electrical engineering or requisite knowledge, experience, and education.
· 1 to 3 years of experience in a production environment, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
· Proficient in 3D modeling, computer aided design and Microsoft products.
· Strong written and verbal communication skills
· PLC programming, reading and modifying electrical control schematics, machine integration, and electrical trouble shooting skills are a plus