This position is responsible for providing support to the Raw Materials Buyer. Support responsibilities include raw material forecasting, planning, purchasing and expediting. The Assistant Steel Buyer must be detail oriented and accurate, and have strong communication skills.
· Support and assist Raw Materials Buyer.
· Generate and send new POs and Change Orders to steel suppliers.
· Update and manage spreadsheets of new orders and changes to customers.
· Update and distribute Raw Materials and Finished Goods graphs
· Submit forecasts for designated customers.
· Manage Vendor Order Acknowledgements.
· Monitor purchase orders over time to ensure vendor compliance with delivery commitments, expedite where needed.
· Responsible for populating any necessary documents for decision making.
· Regular communication by email and phone.
· Minimum 1 year of manufacturing buying/purchasing experience is preferred.
· Strong written and verbal communication skills.
· Strong analytical skills.
· Detail Oriented.
· Ability to interact with internal and external customers, including all manufacturing and corporate personnel.
· Proficiency in Microsoft Office. Typing skills to support data entry and email communications.
· Proficient knowledge of how an ERP/MRP system works. Syteline experience a plus.
· Must have strong written and verbal communication skills.
· Ability to manage change.$46,000 - $48,000